TR3 Trunion Grease Nipple

Subject: TR3 Trunion Grease Nipple
From: suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 22:04:05 -0400
I cleaned and blasted the trunion with glass bead and it looks
brand new! My only issue is that I'd like to replace the grease
nipple at the bottom of the trunion but the base cover turns
when you turn the grease nipple.  What is the trick to this?
Does the vertical link have to be installed to hold this in
place so you can unscrew the grease nipple?

TIA

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6
'59 TR3

P.S. I'll be at Bowie on Sunday with the 6.  My wife, Cindy is
making the trip since she has never been to Allen Pond and this
may be the last year at that site. We're trying a new drive that is
secondary
roads all the way from Harrisburg, so should be a great day.