GT6 quarter window seals and windshield frame

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: GT6 quarter window seals and windshield frame
From: "Beth & Ken" <bethken@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 19:26:54 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
FYI,,,GT6 ers...if you need weather-stripping for your rear quarter windows
(none of the major shops have any new or repro.) J.C. Whitney has one that's
a great fit. It comes in a 25' roll for $20.79.

Their part number is 13NV2568R

If you want a sample, they'll send you some to see for yourselves.

Also, if you followed my previous thread, I was contemplating redoing the
rubber beneath my windshield frame for cosmetic purposes. Well, I finished
the job today, and it's great. I sliced the old cracked one away and sealed
the old channel up with silicone. Then I took a new seal, sliced off the
parts that go under the frame, and used 3M black rubber weatherstrip
adhesive to glue the outside piece to the frame. It looks perfect, and was a
whole lot easier than pulling the old frame. A great way to go if you don't
have a rust problem in that area, and are just going for cosmetic
improvement.

ken shapiro
baltimore
1970 GT6+ KC81872L