RE: Brake binding problem

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Brake binding problem
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 18:06:46 -0700
Bob :

I disagree.  If the valve is causing a problem by "not releasing", then the
pressure is not transmitted equally to all components.  Since the MC is
supposed to be open to the atmosphere, the residual pressure valve cannot
possibly be responsible for a buildup of pressure between it and the MC.
 It _can_ be responsible for pressure between it and the closed-end
calipers (in fact it's purpose is to hold a small positive pressure on the
front calipers) .  The presence of the valve means the brake system does
not meet Pascal's definition of a closed system.

Randall