TR4a questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4a questions
From: DShoop7572@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 21:03:21 EDT
    So far its' been a great couple of months, I've been driving the TR4a
every chance I get. The over-heating issue has somewhat stabilized. I flushed
the radiator, put a fan from another TR4a on ( the one on the car seemed to
have blades that looked bent.) I added some treatment to the radiator fluid
and put in a new 160 degree thermostat.
    After all  that the gauge still reads about a 1/4" from the red when the
car is driven,
even in 90 degree weather. My question is, I need to run with the choke out
to varying degrees until the car reaches that " hot " temp. Is that
acceptable? Is  driving with the choke out harmful? At cruising speeds I can
push it in but at lights I have to pull it out until the car gets warmed up.

                                            Dave

    I saw the back of a TR2/3 ? heading down Graham Rd in Stow, Ohio. Any
idea who the owner may be?
    If I can get some tires mounted in time I want to drive the 4a to the
Mid-Ohio races.