1976 TR7 Questions

To: "TR8 List \(E-mail\)" <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>, "'triumphs@autox. team. net' \(E-mail\)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1976 TR7 Questions
From: "Jim Altman" <jaltman@altlaw.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 21:23:35 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Unfortunately Bentley's (and the rest of the food chain beneath them) is out
of the TR7 ROM, the Haynes I bought hasn't arrived and I have questions.
This is a 1976TR7FHC.

1) What kind of valves are in this thing? Are they adjustable or hydraulic?
2) What marking exists on the crank to indicate TDC for timing.  I know the
approximately location where I expect it to be, but can't find anything like
a detent to tell me where it is.  I see a lil bump on the crank, but if its
TDC I am running at about 50 BTDC.  The engine is running not too bad after
a Pertronix and complete carb cleaning and rebuild.  It even idles so I
can't be 50 BTDC.
3) What is the correct battery size? Anyone got an Interstate Number or
other number I can use for cross reference.
4) Any quick thoughts on why one headlamp will rise but not retract?
Possibly just dirty?
5) If the radiator was extremely low do I have to pull the plug atop the
thermostat? What do I do next? Fill it or just let air out?
6) Did the Federal version have an air pump? Looks like there was one and
was removed.
7) They didn't really leave out a fuel filter is designing these, did they?

Thanks all.

Jim Altman  jaltman@altlaw.com Illigitimi non Carborundum
http://www.altlaw.com/metro/jaltman.html    69-TR6 76-TR7 80-TR8  W4UCK