GT6 brake BTDT welcomed...

To: Douglas Frank <frank@imaphub.zk3.dec.com>
Subject: GT6 brake BTDT welcomed...
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 09:28:47 -0400
Cc: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by Douglas Frank
>Before "Proud Mary" goes back on the road, I'd like to take care of the
brake
pedal pulsations I was feeling last summer.

The front disks & pads look fine (smooth, thick).  The rear drums look
pretty
"iffy" though-- rather heavily scored.  I'm assuming they need turning.  Is
there anything else besides out-of-round drums or warped disks, that would
cause a regular pulse to be felt in the pedal?
<

Doug,

If you re-do the rear brakes and the pulsation is still there I would
revisit the rotors.  They may look good but a slight warpage will cause
pulsation inthe pedal.  If the pads look good you can probably reuse them
but pull the rotoes and have them turned as well.  But this can wait until
the rears are done.  Who knows, maybe the rear brake work will solve the
problem.

Good luck

Dave