Blast Cabinet

To: suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Subject: Blast Cabinet
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 09:28:41 -0400
Message text written by suhring
>I have been using my blast cabinet for about 20 hours
of actual blasting. Used glass beads on the carb body and
it came out fantastic! I have moved to sand to work on the
front suspension parts. The steering arm and dust shield came
out great and began working on the lower a-arms. I have
removed most all of the crud and grease before blasting.
Tonight, the pickup basically stopped. I was getting air but no
or minimal sand.

Any thoughts before I start taking things apart?

TIA

Scott Suhring
<

Scott,

Sand has a tendency to break down during use creating smaller particles.
The mix of different size particles will encourage "packing" and the sand
will not flow as usual.  The short term answer is to take the sand feed
hose loose and blow air down it to break up the bridge.  The long term
solution is change out the sand.

Dave Massey