Re: Toe In/Out Front/Rear

To: Michael Nugent <nugentmd@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Toe In/Out Front/Rear
From: Drew Rogge <drew@pixar.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 13:16:46 -0700 "Re: Toe In/Out Front/Rear" (Jun 5, 3:02pm)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
You know that I would really have to check with my mentor about
this but when I was having a BIG problem with push getting through
turn 3 (or maybe it was 4) any way the left hander in the infield
at Portland, I think he said to add toe out to the car. I can
justify this to myself (not a hard thing to do really, I'm easy)
by thinking that the toe out of the outside wheel will
have a tendency to drive the rear of the car in larger radius than
the front thus countering the understeer at the front with a bit
of oversteer at the rear.

So maybe your right when the car is perfectly setup. But with the
push I had I was willing to believe anything ;-)

Drew

--
Drew Rogge
drew@pixar.com