Re: Roll bar questions

To: MS6453@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Roll bar questions
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 05:51:57 PDT
>From: MS6453@aol.com
>To: triumphs@autox.team.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
>Subject: Roll bar questions
>Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 15:52:24 EDT
>
>Hi all,
>Well it's the time of year when some one has to ask about the pro's & con's
>of roll bars. I need to know if,
>1) Do they restrict seat movement

    It will depend entirely on where the bar is placed. Mine does as it
    is a custom-made bar, bolted to the floor pan directly in front of
    right wheel well, directly over the front locator for the rear
    spring. It is also diagonally braced across the back. There is a
    comercially available bar the you can get from either Moss or Brit
    Vicky that is bolted to the ledge behind the seat and shouldn't
    impair its movement. Although I've seen people racing with this bar
    I'm not too confident with its protective capabilities

>2) Is there added wind noise

    Not that I've noticed.

>3) Am I going to have lumps on my head after a bumpy road

    If you buy the after market bar I mentioned, you shouldn't It
    doesn't get that close to your noggin.

>4) How much has to be altered to install

    I think it's a "bolt in". You may have to do some cutting on your
    carpet.

>5) Is there more than one design

    Mine is custom made. It reflects my needs for more serious
    protection since the car is autocrossed. You will need to go
    shopping.

    I'm a bit at a loss as to why you want to lose space in an already
    small area and add the weight of this chunk of steel. I mean, it
    should be functional if it's on the car. If it's for looks only it
    becomes no more that extraneous metal like curb feelers, mud flaps,
    or that blinking pussycat you get from JC Whitney.

    That's my opinion, yours may vary...

    Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois
1962 TR4 (CT4852L)