TR-3 Miscellany

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR-3 Miscellany
From: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@lightspeed.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 22:41:43 -0700
     I have a wide array of obscure TR-3 questions:

1. I am still using my original OD switch (barrel type). Almost all of the
finish is worn off. I would like to refinish it black and redo the lettering
(overdrive) in original white. Is there a sane way to do it? I would rather
use the working original than a far eastern repro...

2. I haven't installed new carpets yet. The transmission hump gets very hot
while driving, which I understand is a typical TR consequence. Has anyone
installed a trans cooler on a TR transmission? Would it make the trans last
longer? I thought that maybe a hot rod shop might have a setup with its own
recirculating pump. It could pull it out the drain hole and put it back in
the fill hole.

3. My pop up vent on the scuttle catches on the bonnet when I raise the
bonnet and the vent is closed. It actually catches on the way down. The
paint is now all chipped. I have tried all sorts of variations to get it to
close properly. Does anyone else have this problem and is there a solution?

4. My control head (horn and turn signal switch in the center of the
steering wheel) is having problems and the turn signals are no longer self
cancelling. Is there anyone who rebuilds control heads? Again, I don't want
a repro if I can help it.

     Thanks

     Bill Brewer
     Tehachapi, CA