Re: TR6 Front Spring fitting question

To: Tony Gordon <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>
Subject: Re: TR6 Front Spring fitting question
From: Shawn Loseke <shawn@swo.com>
Date: Sat, 06 May 2000 20:22:48 -0600
Cc: 6 Pack Digest <6packlist@mfasco.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Tony,
        Your right, the factory manual tells you to use a floor jack. In effect
you would be using the floor jack as the spring compressor. It is just a
different way to skin the same cat. However, using an internal spring
compressor wins out on the side of safety. I'm not surprised that the
.5" rod didn't hold up. Use a bigger piece of threaded rod. I believe
the one I have used was closer to 3/4".

Shawn