starting a new 6 engine

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: starting a new 6 engine
From: "G Spencer" <graham_spens@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 12:46:40 GMT
I need someone to tell me it's ok.  I tried to get the new engine to fire up
last night to no avail.  I remember from recent posts that I need three
things, compression (yep got it), fuel and spark (something like that).
Well I ran up the oil pressure, connected the coil and nothing.  Checked the
timing and yep, no. 1 intake valve just closed as dizzy is at no. 1 wire.
Pulled a plug to check for spark, yep it's sparking.  pulled the fuel line
at the carbs and ... I got a face full of gas.  I hoping that the valves a
stuck on the carbs and that it isn't letting fuel into the carbs, hence the
pressure in the gas line? Can I just spray either in the carb bodys to see
if it is lack of fuel that's the problem?  bang on the stupid ZS's with a
pipe wrench?

Thanks,
Graham Spencer
70 TR6