RE: TR-3 steering

To: "'Bob Labuz'" <yellowtr@borg.com>, scott weldin <sweldin@mail.ups.edu>
Subject: RE: TR-3 steering
From: "Westerdale, Bob" <bwesterdale@edax.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 17:50:51 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
FWIW Dept:
        Be careful with Pickle Forks and impact devices (e.g. Air hammers,
BFH's, etc..) when you are separating these joints.   Remember that in most
cases, the only part of the steering linkage which is actually 'anchored' is
the guts in your steering box.  As you pound away, much of the force is
translated to those bits, which I suspect are actually made out of cheese.
It doesn't take too much whackin' to do some $erious damage to these bits.
Wherever possible,  brace the steering linkage so at least some of the force
is directed away from the box. As the saying goes, Ask me how I know
this.....
Regards,
        Bob Westerdale
        TS36967E