RE: TR3 rear seat

To: "'Bigswingngdik@aol.com'" <Bigswingngdik@aol.com>
Subject: RE: TR3 rear seat
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@chekhov.arts.usf.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 08:14:16 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
The seat I had in my '58 was a plywood base (1/2 inch I believe).  I did
seal it and finish it with a marine grade varnish before installing the
padding and vinyl.

The braces on mine were not particularly flimsy.  They were made of 1/8" or
3/16" steel and were quite sturdy.  These may have been of the aftermarket
or replacement variety, but I can't imagine the original being anything
less.   I had made some out of 3/16" aluminum which would have supported the
seat, but may not have been as sturdy.
(see http://www.arts.usf.edu/~musson/triumph/parts/Seat-Supports.jpg)

I recently sold the car, so I cannot get images of the installation.

Carl