Re: TR6 Windshield Chrome

To: VK0216@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Windshield Chrome
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 08:11:09 EDT
In a message dated 00-04-10 19:40:36 EDT, VK0216@aol.com writes:

<<  Also, what holds that little piece to the frame.  Is it
 meant to slip onto either end of the larger chrome.
 thanks......Virgil 75 TR6 >>

Virgil,

Here's an idea - not the most period correct but might save you from
replacing the "chrome" molding entirely......use both connector pieces - they
slip over the windshield trim - if you can find a piece of scrap molding, cut
a small piece and place it dead center in the 3" gap so it leaves about a
1/2" gap on each side....then fit the 2 connector pieces over the 2 gaps
centered side-by-side (I use silicon seal to adhere)....then take a picture
of it and share it with us so we can see what it looks like....

chip

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (restoration underway)
'70 Spit Mk3  FDU78512L (ready for another driving season)