Re: Oil Gauge pipe/fitting on TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil Gauge pipe/fitting on TR6
From: "J.H. Roulleaux" <Jean.Rouleaux@skynet.be>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 13:03:55 +0200
Date sent:              Tue, 4 Apr 2000 15:58:18 -0400
From:                   David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject:                Oil Gauge pipe/fitting on TR6
To:                     "INTERNET:VK0216@aol.com" <VK0216@aol.com>
Copies to:              "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Send reply to:          David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>

Message text written by INTERNET:VK0216@aol.com
>MY newest leak.  It appears that the fitting for my oil gauge pipe is
leaking
at the point that it enters the engine.  I tried to tighten it but of
course
that didnt work.

<

Virgil,

There is an adapter at the block.  You didn't say if it was where the
adapter screws into the block or the joint where the tube attaches to the
adapter.  If it is the former then you can remove it from the block and
apply some pipe dope (available in the plumbing department of your local
hardware store) and reinstall.  This will cure what ails you.

Dave
Virgil ,Dave
As far as I know the adapter screw is conical on one side and flat
on the other ,threats are the same on both sides. If you srew it in
the wrong way you are sc***d and you get a hell of a leak.
It will not only mark Greg car's territory.
Jean