Spin On Oil Filter Adapter ..update

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spin On Oil Filter Adapter ..update
From: William Hook <wghook@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2000 16:23:28 +0000
Thanks to alll who responded to my new born leak.......

These SOFAs are definitely easier to install if you remove the purolator
housing from the block and put them together on the bench..  My problem (I
think) was imediately visible when I could get a good look inside.   What I
couldn't see earlier was that there was still another older "crystalized O
ring" in the groove underneath the old O ring that I removed.   I also found a
new center O ring which is just a wee bit thinner than the one that came with
the adapter which should allow the outer O ring to be compressed more.
After cranking these together I am going to fill the outside seam with
permatex black sealant just to be safe before I reinstall it on the engine.
Hopefully this will work...but I will keep the kitty litter close.

Bill Hook,  57 TR3