Re: hs2 CARBS ON A SPIT 1500

To: Graham Stretch <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Subject: Re: hs2 CARBS ON A SPIT 1500
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2000 16:59:28 -0700
Cc: Dan Carey <appleorchard@prodigy.net>, List Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Graham,
I'll have you know that I have been running a pair of HS2's on my 1500 engine
for three years now and they perform quite well, thank you!  It so happens that
in the US they are much more readily available than the HS4's because there were
never any Spitfires imported to the US with them.  Emissions concerns destined
the US Spits to have single ZS carbs before the end of Mk3 production, so the
only setup that will work on a 1500 engine without having to brting them from
overseas is a setup from an early Mk3.

Regards,
Joe