TR-6 Carb Throttle Bushing replacement

To: "'triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "'Desenberg1@cs.com'" <Desenberg1@cs.com>
Subject: TR-6 Carb Throttle Bushing replacement
From: "Janssen, Lee K" <lee.k.janssen@lmco.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 07:33:18 -0700
> I am in the process of rebuilding my carbs and need to replace the
> throttle shafts and bushings.  I am looking for some ideas on how to
remove
> the existing bushings. Whats the best way?

I could be wrong but last time I checked  Zenith bushings are steel inserts
that are an integral part of the casting. The shaft is most likely worn out
but I doubt the bushing are. You can check for an out of round condition by
inserting the end of the shaft in the existing bushing and measuring the
amount of wiggle at the other end of the shaft. It will most likely be
round, unlike your shafts.
I know of at least one vendor who shall remain NAMELESS who would ship brass
bushings "replacement bushings" with no instructions what should be done
with the puppies.
IMHO don't touch the bushings unless you have VERIFIED that you have a
problem.
Good Luck
Lee Janssen
Sunny Denver CO