TR6 Stop Light Bulb Holder

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Stop Light Bulb Holder
From: Harrymague@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 21:11:00 EST
I am in the final stages of my three year restoration of my 74 TR6.  I am
putting in a new wiring harness and I am connecting up the tail lights.  My
problem is with the bulb holders for the stop lights.  The replacements I got
a long time ago have three terminals.  Following the wirning diagrams, they
show only two wires to be connected.  If I do that, the lights don't work.
But the third connection, seems to be a ground.  If I use one of the ground
wires, ie the black wires, the lights work.  These black ground wires are
connected to the light fixture itself.  I think my orginal bulb holders only
had two connection.  My question is: are the replacement bulb holders
different in that they require there own ground??  Anybody have any
experiences with these type of bulb holders.  Thanks in advance.
Harry
Harrymague@aol.com