Re: Help in removing rear bump stop

To: "INTERNET:Chip19474@aol.com" <Chip19474@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Help in removing rear bump stop
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 16:39:25 -0500
Cc: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Chip,

Don't forget that this part is never under tension, only compression.
If you do strip the threads its no big deal as it only has to be tight
enough to not bouce out on the bumps.  If you snap it off and have to
drill out the threaded portion and retap a locktight (R) it back in it
will probably stay just fine.

The other option is no heat, PB Blaster every night for a week and
hope for the best.

Oh, and whop it with a big hammer first.

Dave