Tranny gasket sealant and synchro cups

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tranny gasket sealant and synchro cups
From: Rob Christopher <robc@cisco.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 14:10:07 -0500
OK  folks,

I've got all the gaskets now that I need to start reassembling my tranny and
OD.  So what are you recommendations to use as a gasket sealant so the
re-assembly?

Thanks to all who responded to my question on synchro cup wear indications.  For
those who keep score, there are apparently three places to check:
1) The rings on the inner surface that rides on the main/input shaft should not
be worn.
2) The dog teeth should be "house shaped", not worn
3) The clearance between the synhro and gear should be checked

Rob
Ottawa, ON
74.5 TR6  CF27218UO