Re: steering wheels

To: Philip Haldeman <haldeman@accessone.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: steering wheels
From: "Theodore R. Stevens" <stevens@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 09:59:42 -0500
I was starting to wonder just the opposite:  if perhaps *some* TR6's did
indeed come from the factory with leather steering wheels.  If they did,
would they still have had the molded rubber horn surround? It that just
about any variation that could have been made, was (Spitfire with half disk
wheels, half wire, etc.)

I know there are plenty of aftermarket leather wheels similar to the
factory ones.  They're also cheaper than getting a new rubber-covered one
from TRF.

Coincidentally, my '74 TR6 does have a Delco alternator.  I always assumed
it was a replacement. Anybody know how to find out if a particular TR6 came
from the factory with a Delco alternator? I wouldn't expect that to be
something that would show up on the BMHIT certificate.

At 04:26 PM 1/23/00 -0800, Philip Haldeman wrote:
>Your certainty about the material causes me to wonder if *some* TR6
>steering wheels had rubber rims---sort of like *some* TR6s had Delco
>alternators.  Maybe that's one solution to the mystery.  I notice that
>Piggot (in the TR4/5/6 book) is somewhat elusive about the rim material.  I
>may write him if I can find an e-mail address.  Anyone got it?
>
>--Phil Haldeman
>haldeman@accessone.com

---
Ted Stevens     stevens@erols.com