RE: TR6 fan

Subject: RE: TR6 fan
From: "Randall Young" <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 11:13:11 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "'triumphs list'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Snap-On (probably others) makes a special "fan wrench" that is designed to
make it easy to remove fans that are very close to the radiator.  Basically,
it's a very long box-end wrench, with the head and handle offset the same
direction from the body.  To use it on an American car, you turn it sideways
and slip it between the radiator and fan, then rotate the offset head into
the depression at the center of the fan and engage a bolt head.  You then
turn the shaft while holding the wrench stationary.  I'm not sure how well
it would work on a TR6.

Randall