Drive shaft phasing consensus

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Drive shaft phasing consensus
From: "Evans, Mark" <Mark.Evans@Anheuser-Busch.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 09:42:29 -0600
I received several responses to my question about drive shaft  phasing.

Thank you all for your responses.

I had four responses that said my drawing/understanding was correct. The two
drive shaft yokes should be oriented in the same plane.
I had two responses that said the drive shaft yokes should be opposed 90
degrees.
I had one response the boggled my feeble mind.
All agreed that mine, with one yoke being 20 degrees different from the other,
is wrong.

Conclusion:

1.) Since I can't decide if driveshaft (one word) or drive shaft (two words) is
correct, I'm going to call it a propeller shaft as the original engineers
intended. I can't imagine that propellershaft would be correct. (we sometimes
have trouble with English in the deep south ;-) )

2.) I don't know what I'm going to do about propeller shaft phasing. More
research will have to be conducted. I will report any new information to the
list. All explanations I received seemed plausible. Please, any of you that
haven't responded, please do so. An on-list discussion might be helpful to many.

3.) Everyone should buy a Triumph List hat. I got mine yesterday - they look
great! Thanks Ralph! The hat is on my head as I write.

Mark A. Evans

66 TR4A IRS CTC63970 LO