RE: celebrity list

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: celebrity list
From: "Kurt" <koblinger@linkline.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 08:22:49 -0800
Don't want to continue flogging an expired equine, but this sort of relatively
useless trivia is right up my alley. I believe Kent Howard is an actor best
known as the coach on the TV show "The White Shadow".

Is this a list of celebrity owners or of owners and people who may have driven
one once. I know that Phil Hill and Dan Gurney raced TR2s, and at that, Gurney
only drove one once, in his very first sports car race.

So if we want to include drivers as well as owners, then add;

Mel (the velvet fog) Torme drove a TR2 in the epic film "Reform School Girls"
Vic Elford (rallied Vitesses)
Jim Clark (Rallied a TR2 very early on)
Paul (don't call me sparky) Newman (raced a TR6)(appologies if this is already
on the list)
I also seem to remember either Arthur Godfrey or Dave Garroway owning a
Roadster. (Marty correct me)

I'm sure there's more, someone please stop me!

Cheers,

Kurt Oblinger