Re: $21,500 TR6 at auction

To: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>, "Lawrence G Miceli" <lgmtr6@juno.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: $21,500 TR6 at auction
From: "Beth & Ken" <bethken@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 18:38:36 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Fred;

I understand your point, and have been there before with other collectibles
(love my '59 Strat). Sure, it helps me out when I go to sell my Triumph down
the road, but that's only a positive aspect for that situation. In the
meantime, it also raises the stake for those inot buying, driving and
enjoying these toys. Sure, the value is purely subjective, but one "stupid"
person's purchase (and I actually meant somebody with so much money to burn
that raising the bar doesn't matter to them), changes the market. I've
always wanted a Cobra...not a glass one either. I can't afford one because
of the market. What else in a Cobra warrants the million dollar price?

Anyway, this is one of those discussions with no end. IMHO, anybody paying
$21,000 for a TR6 is VERY wealthy and GENEROUS.

ken shapiro
baltimore
1970 GT6+ KC81872L