Re: 58 TR3A starter removal

To: "Ron E Marx" <ron.marx2@juno.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 58 TR3A starter removal
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 22:11:41 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Ron,

When I removed my starter (TR3A with bullet nose starter), it had to come
out towards the front of the car, then drop the nose down so it was
vertical, and pull it out from the top.  The only thing I did from the
bottum was teh bottum bolt.  The only thing that was diconnected to make way
was the throttle linkage from the accelerator (actually I didn't remove it
on purpose, it would just disconnect form all the wriggling around.)

Getting in on is the reverse process except getting the top bolt started
take small fingers and a lot of patience.  When replacing it, put the bottum
bolt in first but don't tighten it very much until you get teh top one
started.

Bob