Re: Bios

To: "Brad Kahler" <bkahler@omc.ja.dtra.mil>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bios
From: "Kai Radicke" <mowogmg@pil.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 16:30:44 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
From: Brad Kahler <bkahler@omc.ja.dtra.mil>

> Ok Listers, so far I've totaled 27 bios from the members.  I know there
> are hundreds of members out there so if your name isn't on the list
> below then its time to send your bio in!

Brad Kahler failed to mention that he is currently an employee of one of the
major US spares dealers and is using this information to supplement their
current marketing data.

That really isn't true... or is it?

I was born Kai Michael Radicke, ~6439.667 days ago in Koln Germany.  I lived
in Germany and Switzerland for about 1/3 of my entire life.  Since I am a
German citizen and I miss "home" I will most likely move back within the
next 10 years (hopefully sooner).  Besides, moving back to Europe is the
only way I'll be able to own a new TVR Cerbera or Tuscan S6.  Current place
of residence is in S.E. PA.

My British automobile habit is genetic... MGBs, Austin Healeys, and Triumphs
have infected my mother's side of the family.  My father's side has no
interest in LBCs.  I was introduced to them through my Uncle when I took a
ride in his '67 MGB (in addition to two TRs and one AH3k).  As soon as I
could, I purchased a '66 MGB... almost 4 years ago.  But that wasn't enough
for me, I had to have more.  I purchased my TR6 in December of 1998, and
have since turned down numerous offers to buy it (including one today).  The
MGB is rusting away in the drive, while the TR6 is the daily driver and is
well taken care of and showered with gifts whenever possible (he'll be
getting two NOS "Lucas Square Eight" fog/driving lights this week, yes the
same lamps used on some 68-69 Shelby Mustangs).  I don't believe all cars
are female, so my TR6 is a male... Bruno the TR6.

Personal Life?  It is non-existant, I'm too busy; or atleast that is the
excuse I give friends when they want to go out and I'm nearly asleep at 9pm.
I've never been married, nor divorced - I have no kids, nor do I want any
right now.

Hobbies: Girls.

I do have a job.  My summers consist of working for an LBC spares and
restoration shop in S.E. PA; four entire summers completed as of Friday.
And if you thought TRs and MGs had electrical problems, nothing compares to
the problems of a buggered up Lotus Elan S4.

In four days I leave to start my post high school education.  I will be
attending Ithaca College for the next two years to complete my general
education studies, and then (with much luck and hoping, oh and studying
also) I will spend the next three years trying to obtain a my BA from
Cornell in some aspect of engineering.

As my list of owned and current vehicled is the same ('66 MGB, '74 TR6), I
will simply state that I can not wait to own a TVR.

I suppose that is all,

--
Kai M. Radicke -- kradick1@ic3.ithaca.edu
Not the only Triumph TR6 @ Ithaca College