Re: Bio's, was goofing off at work

Subject: Re: Bio's, was goofing off at work
From: Brian Johnson <b.johnson@diamond.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 11:20:15 +0100
OK folks you asked for it - here's mine

I'm close to 50 (next month)  I've never been married, too many women to
chose from,  but I am living with a lady named Linda, who has her own
family.  I always wanted to retire early to play with my toys, and I'm
getting close to it, having had no kids to pay for. I have lived all my
life in the Loughborough area.

Education - Went to the local Grammar school but left when I was 16,
did further education at night school/day release , training to be a
scientist, after passing the exams I was told I would be 'promoted' but
earn less money -  I told them where to go and didn't do any more
further education !

When desktop PC became available I bought a Commodore PET computer
(still got it) and taught myself all about programming in basic etc.
Because of  this I was transferred to the data Processing department and
eventually became the  Database Administrator for the wonderful(?)
American company 3M, based in Loughborough  Leicestershire. I originally
worked for Riker Laboratories who were taken over by 3M, so I guess I've
worked for the same company (doing several different jobs) for 33 years
on August 15th (say that's tomorrow !!)

Major Hobbies - Classic Cars - snooker - sailing (Flying Fifteen) - DIY
(destroy it yourself) - computers (of course)- music (somehow I'm a
singer/guitarist/keyboard player in a Rhythm and Blues band - for fun
only) - Family History - throwing the dog's frisbee/ball/bone (say I've
heard that one somewhere before )

Past hobbies   Squash - football(soccer) - cricket - tennis  (had to
give them up when I had a heart attack but started again after the
bypass -  its my knees that stop me now). Squash was my major sport, but
I never won a single competition,  I seem to be able to win the odd
trophy at snooker (and sometimes pool) though.

Cars -  started with a 1200 cc Ford Anglia that became a go-faster Ford
Anglia, a minivan(to drive whilst I repaired the Anglia) , several MK1 &
MK2 Ford Cortinas, TR2 (first time in 1973), Ford Classic, Lotus Elan,
MGB (owned for two weeks only -  honest folks), Jaguar 2.4 (five minutes
only that one!), Morris Marina, Vauxhall Cavaliers MK1,2 and 3, and of
course my TR4 and once again the same TR2.  (I may have missed one or
two)

I've had my head under the bonnets of lots of other different types of
car as well - as soon as people realise you've had an engine to bits
they want you to look at their car ! I only sold the TR2 the first time
because of the woman I was living with at the time, I spent the next 8
years trying to buy it back (having parted company with the woman in
question) - having failed to get it back I bought the TR4 and rebuilt
it, whereupon the owner of the TR2 decided to sell - so I had to buy it
back didn't I?

I think that's enough to bore you all with !

Cheers
Brian Johnson  (Loughborough - UK)
1963  TR4   AFP 503A (UK) / IZS 733(USA) - CT27216-L (now not L but O )
1954  TR2   46 BHX                         TS554-O   UK Car in pieces
1989  Vauxhall Cavalier 2.0 GLI   - Eurobox  but it goes !
Internet b.johnson@lycosmail.com
Website http://websites.diamond.co.uk/~b.johnson/index.htm