Re: Why we do this

To: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Subject: Re: Why we do this
From: F Underwood <funder77@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 12:27:21 -0400
Cc: "Gano, Ken" <kengano@advant.com>, RThomp1881@aol.com, "Mhphoto@Pacbell.Net" <mhphoto@pacbell.net>, "Gary F. Pfister" <pfister@pacbell.net>, Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>, British cars list <british-cars@autox.team.net>
TeriAnn mentioned the two types of  rebuilders; I find myself in the
first group- do it because they enjoy spending the time...
as opposed to the 2nd; want the car to become like new but would rather
be spending time doing other things.

The Ford project as been ongoing for over a decade! But from what I have
been able to do with this project has been fantastic. I have travelled
to places that I might not have otherwise gone to in search of parts; I
have met some really nice and sincere people; have become part of a
community ( this list for example); have something that everyone else
expresses envy of-  the car, the ability and/or desire to do something
very drastic to it [ take a grinder and/or cut off wheel to the car
body], the sacrifices made to spend time with the car related
activities.

So although the progress has been slow, it still fuels the dream of
putting this car back on the road; gives me something else to share with
my customers, and the satisfaction that "I" did this!

Cheers,
Frank Underwood
http://home.aol.com/funder770
59 Ford Consul MKII Lowline convertible