RE: Wanted: TR3B Seat Frames

To: "'Brian Sanborn'" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Subject: RE: Wanted: TR3B Seat Frames
From: "David Moag" <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 17:28:38 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Brian,

You've got my seats pegged. They definitely have the big depression. I'm
worried about drilling more holes in these seats because there is already
some rusting through and some other areas that have sheet metal riveted in.
I'm not sure there will be enough real structure left in them to do that, or
to hold them down if anything bad makes the car immediately stop :) I have
not given up completely on the idea of trying to just use these, but I'd
feel more comfortable starting with a better base. I'd look into getting
different seat mounting rails, but I'm not sure how obtainable they would
be, plus the width of the existing holes in the seat bottoms doesn't match
the width of the holes in my new floorboards.

Dave Moag
62 TR3B
77 Spitfire