Re: TR6 Battery Box

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Radley, Jack" <JackR@shriverco.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Battery Box
From: "Steve Sutton" <ssutton@ridgenet.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 21:46:37 -0700
Posted-date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 21:40:50 -0700 (PDT)
I would not recommend the battery boxes that I have seen for sale
from the big three.  I used one from TRF, for a while, thought it was
kind of flimsy..... needless to say within a year the bottom rear
corners had split.  Luckily no battery acid had escaped.

I bought a battery box from a RV supply place (Wal-mart also
carries them) -- you probably have seen the type, usually black
with a removable top, fairly thick.  It cost $8 - $10.  Much, much
better solution..... of course using a Optima of Exide gel-cell
battery, with no free electrolite eliminates the battery acid problem.

Hope this helps.

Steve Sutton
'74 TR-6 daily driver