Re: Turn lights on TR6 diagonally out

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Turn lights on TR6 diagonally out
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 08:37:58 -0400
Steve Nabors wrote:

> Strange thing happened to me turn signals. I put the selector on turn left
>and only my front left light works(back left is out). I put the selector on
>turn right and only my back right light works(front right is out). I did the
>usual stuff of jiggling the wires at the fuse box and checking/swapping out
>bulbs for known working ones and checking the fuses themselves. I noticed my
>hazard flashers exhibit the same behavior. Has anyone experienced this bizarre
>scenario?

Steve,

I think the diagonal thing is just a coincidence.  Two things to look at:

1. Check your bulb sockets by hooking a test bulb directly to the wires,
bypassing the lamp sockets.  If the lights work this way, you need to either
clean or replace the sockets depending on the condition.  Rear lamp sockets are
notorious for bad internal grounding.

2.  If bypassing the existing sockets with a test bulb does not work, look
around the harness for a bullet connector that has two wires in it (things like
marker lights and headlights have three wires because each side is on at the
same time, but turn signals only have two wires - turn signal wires will be
green with either a white or red stripe depending on which side).  Corrosion in
the bullet connector is the next most likely culprit.  Again, try bypassing
with a
jumper then see if you have lights.

Good luck!

Regards,

Brian Schlorff    '61 TR-4     '64 TR-4     '72 TR-6     '79 Spit
     Power British                             Check out Power British
    371 E. Main St.                                    on the 'net!
Norristown, PA 19401
   (610) 270-0505              http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars