re: Save your money for your car.. LONG

To: "The List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: Save your money for your car.. LONG
From: "Steve Nabors" <topdown@eudoramail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 23:02:11 -0700
Hehehhe,
Yep, you know these businesses built on Y2K fear are just howling when someone
calls in "Hey, Joe, got a live one on line 6, should I put them on hold for
about 10 minutes and let them listen to the 'Chaos in Y2K' tape?" "Or should I
just put on Black Sabbath 'War Pigs' or maybe just a Halloween tape to get 'em
juiced up for a big order" "At least till their eyes roll back in their heads"
"...then we'll be selling them Y2K compliant bottled air before they know what
hit'em"

You know, my boss was telling me the same situation(Y1970) happened back in the
late '60's/early '70's. Ofcourse, at that time the only computers you had were
mainframes and so the public by and large knew nothing about the problem.
Ignorance was bliss. 30 years later(actually only about 10 years of PC
saturation), the public knows what a computer is(if they don't have one).
Ironically, in such an information age, most people have only an idea of what
the problem is and prefer not to learn it for themselves. Instead they fear it
and react on that fear. P.T. Barnum would have loved this one. Heck, even
software vendors are'nt holding back with all the software products boasting
"2000" in their titles.
Whats next ........toys, tires, baseballs .......apple pie?

You know its estimated that people will spend anywhere from 20 to 50% of their
Christmas funds on Y2K fluff.

BTW,
I've always wondered what spam(besides the meat product or maps backwards)
means:
SuPerfalous Ambiguos Mail?
SuPerfalous Advertising Mail?
Saturated Population Advertisement Marketing?

Steve Nabors
'74 TR6(non Y2K compliant car running on non compliant gas,air,sweat and
parts.........lots of parts)
B'ham AL