TR4 vs. TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 vs. TR6
From: "Dean Mericas" <dmericas@limno.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 08:55:18 -5
Comments: Authenticated sender is <lti-ntbdc/dmericas/dmericas@lti-ntbdc.limno.com>
Just to add my $0.02 to the discussion, I believe the TR4 has
essentially the same speed and acceleration as a stock TR6, all
things being equal. I suspect either model can be significantly
tweaked.  I  routinely tour with a crowd that runs everything from
Midgets to XKEs, and I've never felt embarassed by lack of "oomph."
The usual comment from friends who have driven the TR4 for the first
time is about how impressive the torque is (well, maybe the Jag guy
isn't all that impressed).

Personally, the decision to get a TR4 was based on a preference for
the body and interior styling.  IMHO, the TR4 represents a high point
in LBC design - fully developed body and drive train without the
numerous and burdensome compromises that followed the imposition of
safety and environmental regulations.

Another attraction for me is that the TR4 is the least common of the
big TRs on the street.  There are more TR6s than I can keep track of
around Ann Arbor, but just 2-3 running TR4s.
Dean Mericas, Ph.D.                     Assoc. Vice President
Limno-Tech, Inc.          501 Avis Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48108
Phone:   (734) 332-1200                   Fax: (734) 332-1212
email:  dmericas@limno.com               http://www.limno.com