TR 6 battery acid

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR 6 battery acid
From: John Summers <trumpet@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 19:10:50 -0400
To:
       triumphs@autox.team..net

I need advice on how to keep the battery acid OFF the paint under the
hood (bonnet).  When I needed a voltage regulator it boiled over much
but that has been replaced.  Yes, it's hot here in Florida, but I
shouldn't have (this much) acid escaping the battery.  I have a plastic
battery tray.  Also,,,it's tight between the engine and the firewall;
any ideas on how to get in there to clean it off & paint it?  Are there
any acid resistant paints out there?
        Also, there is a nice article in "Classic And Sports Car"
magazine -
June '99 about bringing TR 6s up to a more modern state of
performance,,,,,probably $10,000 or $15,000 worth of improvements there;
my wild guess.
By the way my TR 6 is at the carpictures.com site.  French Blue '74.
The Yellow Spitfire redesigned by Picasso used to be mine before my 18
year old took care of it!!