Re: TR6--MAKING IT SAFER?

To: steve@mindtribe.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6--MAKING IT SAFER?
From: "J.H. Roulleaux" <Jean.Rouleaux@skynet.be>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 14:05:43 +0200
Hello Steve,
In 1975 I fitted Recaro seats and an Aley Rollover bar to my 70 TR6
PI  to increase safety.The car was equipped from factory with 3
point Brittax belts and this in 1970 so the fixing points must be
available in all TR6 models. The Aley bar is a aerodynamic model
with double hoop construction and 4 mounting points on the body.
With 8 bolts its fixed to the body floor and to the wheel arches.For
road use it is more than suitable, if you turn over in a road accident
you generally have no foreward speed .I turned over an MGB in
town by hitting a curvestone at 30 miles/h,by shear luck I had the
hardtop fitted what broke but allowed for anough clearance to get
out of the car. If you fit a rollover bar never drill in it or weld on it,
because they are made of special steel and it will destroy the
strenght of the construction.
In case you want to see how the construction looks like consult the
MotorCities website under: http//www.carpictures.com/ and look
for a jasmine TR6 with belgian registration.
Regards
Jean R.  70 TR6PI