Front suspension paint colors

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Front suspension paint colors
From: "Paul Schneider" <schneidr@mc.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 13:47:06 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Bill Piggot's TR3 book shows a correctly painted front suspension.  From the
picture, it appears the upper ball joint, trunion, and tie rod ends are not
painted.  It seams that Triumph would just glop paint all over everything.
Is Piggot correct?  I'm trying to bring the beast back as close to factory
as possible and this one has me confused.

Paul Schneider
1960 TR3A, with a newly paint frame which is drying as I type.