RE: clutch master rebuild or buy new?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, "'HMENTZEN@aol.com'" <HMENTZEN@aol.com>
Subject: RE: clutch master rebuild or buy new?
From: Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 16:01:05 +0100
I never bother with the kits, as, if you dont hone the bore it won't last
anyway plus obviously the bore will  be slightly larger giving it a lower
lease of life, if you get new ones readily, go for a new one. the squeak
will come from the clutch pedal, the shafts want oiling every sooften and
the spring itself might start to squeal, a bit of grease might help there. A
split in the cap is not helping matters at all as the fluid might draw
water, Not to be recommended for the brake master.

HTH, Gernot