vinyl paint

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: vinyl paint
From: "Fisher, ED" <edwd@ti.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 15:35:56 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
                Q:  Has anyone had any success in using the interior spray
paints
                available for panels and the dyes available for carpets? If
so, what
                did you use?

                A:  I have had great success with vinyl paints and also
carpet paints. (yes, the carpet was painted, and maintained it's 'feel')
The real key(s) to this process is preparation, the use of good product, and
LIGHT coats.  I have done door panels, seats, carpets, and dash boards with
no problems with wearing, checking, cracking, or fade.  For seats, I cleaned
with straight laquer thinner, let dry, and then a follow-up clean with a
product called "Acryli-clean".  Be absolutely certain that your towels are
perfectly clean.  I usually go buy new cloth diapers.  Let dry thoroughly
and then lay on the color in very light coats.  Two should do the job, three
at the MOST.  Carpets must only be vacuumed really well (obviously).  I have
only freshened carpets, black on black, so I cannot attest to a color
change.  The products that I use are from my local Automotive Body Supply
store.  If available, my personal favorite is Ditzler.

                Hope this helps.

                Ed Fisher
                edwd@ti.com <mailto:edwd@ti.com>