Re: Blanking off choke doubles idle, meaning ?...

To: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Subject: Re: Blanking off choke doubles idle, meaning ?...
From: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 05:39:44 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spitfires@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Um, I've fully rebuilt the ZS emission carbs on my GT6+, and the only
way I could get the idle down was by blanking off those bypass
valves...

Can you explain why blanking the bypass valves helps the high idle
problem, and also suggest what the *real* problem might be? Blanking
the valves works great for me, but it seems to be a "work-around" and I
would much prefer to solve the root problem!