RE: TR3 Rod Bearing Clearance Problem

To: Jeff A Williamson <Jeff.A.Williamson@jci.com>
Subject: RE: TR3 Rod Bearing Clearance Problem
From: sanborn@net1plus.com
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 10:59:02 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

>For those of you who have something other than a Haynes
TR2-4A repair manual,
>what does it show for the std. connecting rod journal
diameter?

Jeff,

I am on business trip and don't have access to my amnuals.
But just finished a TR4 complete engine rebuild using parts
BPNW.  There is definitely something not right.  When I
assembled my engine there was no noticeable difference in
the free movement of the crank, rods and pistons after
everything was torqued down.  Of course the whole thing was
slobered with assembly goop.

caps are matched.  Measure everything.... there has to be
somethingt out of wack.  Double check the fit of the
bearings.  They need to be lubed up and sorted pushed into
position... engaging the tab in the little keyway.

Be sure to chech the measurements at a few points in a
circle check for ovalness

Good Luck... let us know what happens

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L  Groton,MA