Brighter bulbs for stop/turn/tail lights

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, Randallyoung@earthlink.net
Subject: Brighter bulbs for stop/turn/tail lights
From: Aribert_Neumann@magna.on.ca
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 08:03:26 -0400
Back in April Randal Young posted a message about uprated bulbs for
tail/turn/tail.  THe summary being that 2357 has a brighter brake element
than the 1157.

I went into my local autoparts store yessterday to purchase 2357s.  I
noticed that there were numerous dual filament bulbs available for purchase
including:  1034, 1157,1174,2057,2357 &7528.  WHich one has the higher(est)
light output (candle power)?  THe 7528 were referred to as Euro lamp bulbs
with "(P21/5W)" on the package and cost almost double what the other bulbs
cost.  None of the other bulbs listed any types of specs.  All the bulbs
listed above appear to fit the same socket (although I did not purchase and
mic each bulb).

I would be equally interested in any info on single element bulbs.

 Also, a number of these bulbs were listed as long life.  Does this mean
they consume more power or are not as bright?

With all the people around me in traffic that run yellow and even red, I
want them to be aware that I am stopping when the light changes!