IRS Suspension

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: IRS Suspension
From: Jerry Oliver <slantws@home.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 09:35:44 -0700
After examining the 3 degree POSITIVE CAMBER on my nearly finished TR4A
trailing arms and reading Tony Rhodes postings and the posting by Brian
Lanoway on the FAQ List about the positions of the various grooved
brackets, I've come to the conclusion that I need to try different set
up. Currently I have Outer bracket with notches 2 Up and Inner bracket
with notches 1 Up. None of the parts suppliers list a 3 up bracket for
the TR4A, but do so for the TR6. I then discovered (I had missed it ) on
page 4-120 of the TR4-4A Workshop Manual the instructions to use
"...bracket having four grooves" for the outer and.."two groves".. for
the inner. Has anyone had a similar experience with positive camber
after IRS rebuild, and has anyone used  4 groove brackets?
Jerry Oliver, Olympia WA '66 TR4A   (nearly sone, about a month away,
doing the "re-dos" now!!!!)