Re: TR-6 radiator

To: "sukey" <msukey@ix.netcom.com>, "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR-6 radiator
From: "Irv Korey" <emanteno@ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 23:29:35 -0500
> From: sukey <msukey@ix.netcom.com>

> I am looking to increase the cooling capacity of my tr-6 by changing
> radiators.  Does anybody know of a good bone yard conversion?  There has
> to be something out there that is close length and width but with more
> core capacity.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Marty,

I have owned my TR6 for almost 25 years, and cooling has never been a
problem. Perhaps your radiator is clogged and/or corroded, in which case it
is not cooling fully. A recore could be a simple and relatively inexpensive
cure, rather than trying to re-engineer the car. There could be other
factors as well, causing the car to run hotter than normal. The point is,
when they were new, they cooled fine (unlike some earlier TR's). You need
to investigate and find out what is causing your car to run hot.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
TR4A CT52499 VSCDA Group 2 #58
Highland Park, IL