On where and when to disassemble and rebuild cars...

To: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Subject: On where and when to disassemble and rebuild cars...
From: Skip Montanaro <skip@mojam.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 08:44:01 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

TeriAnn wrote:

    I will NEVER disassemble and rebuild a car on the dirt in the open
    without a garage again!

That implies that perhaps you'd be willing to disassemble and rebuild a car
on the dirt in the open with a garage at some point? What would you use the
garage for, the beer frig? ;-)

When I was a grad student at the U of Iowa I lived in a mobile home and
owned a '55 Speedster.  I built a workbench in one of the bedrooms.  I then
proceeded to pull the engine, lug it into the bedroom, and disassemble and
reassemble it on one of those small VW engine stands (the kind you used to
be able to get from J.C. Whitney) bolted to the workbench.  The engine was a
1500S with a Hirth roller crank (all press fit).  That roller was a work of
art, but the bedroom was a mess!

Skip Montanaro  | Mojam: "Uniting the World of Music" http://www.mojam.com/
skip@mojam.com  | Musi-Cal: http://www.musi-cal.com/
518-372-5583