RE: Lightening of cam followers

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, "'eedraha@eede.ericsson.se'" <eedraha@eede.ericsson.se>
Subject: RE: Lightening of cam followers
From: Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 11:59:32 +0100
the usual approach would first be to drill a hole near the bottom, approx 3
mm off it.
This is to let the oil run off and thus lighten the follower. To drill
further holes in it gives a lot less effect but then you can do it if you
really really want to...
The wear results in a smaller area of contact between follower and block
which also results in wear in the block.