Bentley books (was Re: Pinion Flange and Misprints etc)

To: econrad@teal.csn.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Bentley books (was Re: Pinion Flange and Misprints etc)
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 11:51:19 EDT
Cc: WayneWhippo@compuserve.com
In a message dated 06-May-99 13:38:29 Eastern Daylight Time,
econrad@teal.csn.net writes:

> Has anyone compiled a list of the known mistakes in the Bentley Books?

Here we go again.

FWIW --The "Bentley Books" are authorized (means Bentley paid a fee)
reproductions of the original factory manuals.  Bentley also included in
those "books" a reprint of the original Triumph Owners Manual -- the small
book which went in the glovebox and was for the owner rather than for a
mechanic -- and a reprint of the factory recommended racing modifications.

I have two factory manuals.  One is hardbound in a looseleaf plastic binder
(purchased at a dealer's in '68); the  second is a softbound 2nd edition
factory manual (purchased from one of the big three in '95).  I also have the
Bentley reprint.  The three manuals are identical except for some very minor
changes. They also all include the same "mistakes."  For example, the seats
shown are for early TR4's and so the manuals are no help to me in that
regard.

 Cheers.

Art Kelly