Re: Battery peculiarities question

To: John Cowan <jfcowan@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Battery peculiarities question
From: Brian Johnson <b.johnson@diamond.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 20:42:28 +0100
Cc: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
John

I have had the same problem in the UK - I have had three batteries so
far in my TR4 since 1993.  However I think I found the solution - First
I found a company which gave a lifetime guarantee on the battery as long
as I owned the car.  OK so I don't want the hassle of swapping it, so I
rigged up a charger that was connected to the battery and controlled by
a timer.   The timer switches the charger on twice a day for 15 minutes
each time, and this seems to have worked. My other part of the theory
that I have not tried is to connect a small bulb permanently to the
battery thus discharging it in a 'normal' way. This of course may mean a
longer period of charge.

--

Cheers
Brian Johnson  (UK)